Monday, February 27, 2017

This Week In Candy

The shelves are filled with Easter treats. Every year it seems as though more and more Easter treats seem to be appearing.  It wasn't so long ago that the only Easter treats you could find were chocolate eggs, chocolate bunnies, and for a few of us Cadbury Creme Eggs. But now there's so many new treats coming out every year.  Just last weekend I happened to be going to the USA, and I stopped at a Walmart to see what I could find.  I was very lucky to come across a bag of Peeps themed Oreos.

I have to be honest, I wasn't expecting much out of these cookies.  I figured it would simply be the standard vanilla Oreos with the center being dyed pink, but I was wrong.  While the flavour is definitely vanilla, the cream has an extra bonus.  In the cream are little crystals of crunchy sugar, giving these a pretty unique texture.  I can't say that these are my favourite Oreos, but I might like these more than regular marshmallow Peeps.

What else is happening this week at candycritic.org?  Well first of all my birthday is this week, I know this has nothing to do with Candy Critic directly, but maybe a little indirectly.  This is mostly with the fact that it might be a slow week here at Candy Critic.  I'm going to be writing a few things behind the scenes, like the future Canadian candy project I'm working on, but other than that I'm going to take it easy this week. I'll be posting about some of my birthday fun times on Twitter and Facebook.

Don't worry though, we'll still be adding new posts on the Doughnut Project and Snack Facts, our Instagram feed. We're also going to be working on writing a few reviews for later in the year.  Finally, we're working with a certain candy company right now, putting together a contest where we're giving away a whole lot of tasty candy.  You'll have to check back later to find out how you can win.

This week's new review is in celebration of National Strawberry Day, which is today.  It's a review I wrote a while ago, but I think it's appropriate for today.  Click here to read the review that might make you think about berries in the summer.

CC

No comments: